At D.T. Hubbell Architects, we don’t just draw house plans, we create custom, timeless homes that endure – an architecture that tells a story about a local place. Our foundation for excellence is a result of our methodology. For each project we take the time to research historical precedence, being sensitive to the past, and respond creatively with appropriate solutions that provoke contemporary interpretations of unique composition. This response requires insight of context, including place, history and climate. It requires an understanding of traditional principles and contemporary lifestyles.
During the process we are mindful of your goals and budget, collaborating with you during each phase of the project. You receive the principal architect’s individual attention. As a leading design firm, we recommend best practices in a thoughtful manner and are insightful to outcomes that will benefit you most. This includes integrating sustainable design principles and energy efficiency from the start in a way which will most benefit you financially while protecting & conserving environmental resources. We partner with collaborative, team-focused builders, contractors and allied design professionals.
Our experienced architects and design collaborators listen to and understand your vision, timeline, budget and needs. This isn’t just another project to us. We aim to be passionately creative and inspired each step of the way.
Our five-step process is detail-oriented, client-focused and collaborative:
- Pre-Design: We analyze and identify site, budget, program opportunities, and goals as a foundation for creating your design vision.
- Schematic Design: The principal architect collaboratively creates your home’s initial concept/ sketches the design by hand for your approval.
- Design Development: Architectural ideas, details, and budget are further developed and refined to enhance the approved design intent.
- Construction Drawings: Production team creates technical CAD drawings of all project details, code requirements, and specifications
- Construction Oversight: We work with builders and contractors to maintain the design’s integrity, staying involved until your vision is realized.